Hello from Glenaan Station!
We are Paul and Prue Ensor, and together with our children, Juliet, Guy, and Hugh, we are the fourth generation of Ensors to farm at Glenaan Station. Located beneath the Southern Alps of New Zealand's South Island, we are merino wool advocates and passionate about biodiversity and sustainable farm practices.
Hemprino brings to life our vision of promoting the quality of our ZQ certified merino wool and the use of other natural fibers in luxury apparel. With the rise of synthetic materials and their impact on landfill, we have chosen to tell our story of New Zealand-made, natural fiber apparel through our brand Hemprino. Hemprino represents a "think differently" approach by being the first to develop a blend of this kind, making our customers pioneers in their own right.
Hemprino is proudly owned by three New Zealand farming families: Paul and Prue Ensor, Siobhan and Christopher O'Malley (West Coast), and Harriet and Clint Bell (Canterbury).
- 7.5 hectares protected under a QEII trust covenant.
- Monitoring of rare native grass populations, invertebrates, shrublands, biodiversity and waterways.
- Soil Monitoring with the Savory Institute
- Diverse pasture species trials
- Wilding Pines control project