Upper Rakaia Gorge, New Zealand
The Ensor family moved to Glenaan in 1916. It is now home to the fourth generation of Ensors - Paul and Prue and their three children Juliet, Guy and Hugh.
Glenaan is 1035 hectares (2557 acres) of rolling to steep tussock land and river flats. It is home to 6000 Merino sheep, 300 Angus Cattle and 12 working dogs. Also on the farm is Salmon Spawning, a thoroughfare to the Te Araroa Walkway and high country accommodation.
Glenaan produces 16 micron super-fine merino wool, supplying the New Zealand Merino Company's premium ZQRX brand.
Sustainable farming practices play a key role in the day to day activity at Glenaan.
- 7.5 hectares protected under a QEII trust covenant.
- Monitoring of rare native grass populations, invertebrates, shrublands, biodiversity and waterways.
- Soil Monitoring with the Savory Institute
- Diverse pasture species trials
- Wilding Pines control project
Glenaan is located in the Southern Alps of the South Island of New Zealand.
Follow us on Facebook @hemprino or Instagram @nzhemprino to find out more.